Re: Lighting 101



Hello Kathleen and great question, It depends on your growing area size and how big you want your plants to grow. But I personally would go with a switchable ballast or a digital ballast. Switchable Ballast= This ballast can use a metal halide bulb or a HPS Bulb, Digital Ballasts can use metal halide or High Pressure Sodium bulbs. The reason being is you can use the same ballast and hood for your vegetative stage and flowering stage by changing from a metal halide bulb in veg to a High Pressure Sodium bulb in flowering. Let us know what size area you have and size plants you want to grow and we can help you figure out what size light you need. If you go online there are many options as far as online grow shops but I have found amazon to be a very safe place to shop, better deals to.